Brandon is a recent transplant to the Phoenix area. Hailing from San Diego, CA, Brandon has been working with computers in one way or another for going on 17 years now (yes, that goes back to grade school). Within the area of web development, his specialty is in back end data processing and preprocessor data manipulation with a particular fetish for CLI PHP. One of his most proud contributions to the open-source community is a cURL library wrapper class written in PHP which allows for easy custom spidering of almost any web site. Brandon is just beginning his Doctoral studies at ASU in the field of Public Administration where his research will be the government's use of Internet surveilance technologies as a means of social control and cooresion.
In his spare time, Brandon enjoys studying comptuer forensics and security, archery, shooting, photography, and being outdoors. He and his wife are expecting their first child in early November. Brandon also has mad badminton skills and is a volunteer badminton coach for the Hamilton High School (no shuttlecock jokes please).
- Joined Synapse on: May 15, 2008
- Personal Website: http://www.arizonalinux.net
- Twitter http://www.twitter.com/linuxdream
» Read other Synapse Studios staff bios.
Latest Blog Post by Brandon Ching
Brandon discusses some helpful principles of project management, from the developer's point of view.
Posted on August 27, 2008 by Brandon ChingRead more »
Other Recent Posts
- (07/31/08) Magento eCommerce Review: Platform Perils and Impressions, Three Month...
- (07/25/08) 10 Ways to Ensure Your Data is Safe From the Feds
- (07/23/08) Linux CLI Tutorial Part 1—Some Under-Utilized Bash Tools for the CLI F...
- (07/08/08) Thoughts on E-Government and Open-Source Software
- (06/04/08) Book Review: php|architect's Guide to Programming Magento